Building Enclosure Consulting
Ensuring quality and continuity of building envelope components.
- Review and design input regarding the following aspects of the wall design intent.
- Cost considerations of the schematic/concept design details.
- Evaluation of selected materials and finishes.
- Selection of system types.
- Water infiltration considerations, inclusive of primary and secondary defense lines and its drainage to the exterior.
- Effects on wall systems due to building frame movements resulting from wind and/or seismic forces.
- Consideration of building structure tolerances and drift.
- Consideration of thermal movement requirements.
- System attachments.
- Sealant selection.
- Environmental conditions (interior and exterior) that affect the performance of the exterior systems.
- Consideration of acoustical requirements established by the Acoustical Consultant that effect the system.
- Exterior wall maintenance and window washing equipment considerations.
- Product data/literature.
- Preliminary Performance design criteria.
- Develop and prepare the technical performance specification for the applicable systems in a format agreed upon with the architect. The specification form is to be agreed upon before commencement of the specification development.
- Review and comment on the technical performance specifications for the applicable systems.
- Review and comment on the contract documents and assist on developing special details based on desired profiles.
- Advise on potential contract bidders.
- Finalize the performance specifications by incorporating the last changes.
- Review and comment on the Architect’s construction drawings as they are developed.
- Review and comment on material submittals and product data.
- Review and comment on project shop drawings. Review up to two (2) complete and coordinated, not partial or phased, submissions.
- Report documenting findings and observations.
- Attend required air and water infiltration tests and provide a written follow-up report.
- Attend onsite meetings to discuss curtainwall system design issues and observe the wall installation.
- Observe onsite field-testing and supply follow-up written documentation.
- Verify completeness of all exterior wall submittals.
- Verify completeness of exterior wall “as-built”, warranties and maintenance manuals.
- Provide “as-built” summary report identifying pertinent observations affecting the function, maintenance and/or life of the structure.